Business Unit: Commodities
Commodities encompasses the firm’s activities in the North American natural gas markets and European gas and power markets, as well as its activities in the crude oil, refined products and agricultural commodities markets. The Commodities team combines fundamental market expertise with quantitative analytics to identify directional and relative value investment opportunities.
The Commodities team is looking to hire a Quantitative Developer/Engineer for their EU Natural Gas business. This is a desk-aligned role where you will be responsible for developing quantitative analytics, trading tools and technology solutions to support Portfolio Managers and Quantitative Researchers working in the business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with the trading, research and data teams to develop core analytics and deliver key initiatives for the EU natural gas business.
- Understand business challenges and drive technical/quantitative solutions.
- Work with large data sets and build data analytics trading tools.
- Integrate data and insights into models and investment processes.
- Structure scalable, maintainable solutions, improving model frameworks and performance.
- Outstanding academic record. Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent technology skills. Fluent in Python or comparable language. Experience using multiple programming languages is desirable.
- Experience working in a trading or research environment.
- Highly motivated to work in a hands-on collaborative environment.
- Commitment to excellence and strong attention to detail.