The business has approximately 10 successful years behind them and are preparing to launch a new fund at the end of this year. It has experienced steady growth but they like the boutique feel of the organisation and the culture they have created.
This is a newly created role to support the CFO in the overall running of the business. It will be a broad remit and not purely an accounting remit where you would be expected to help with HR responsibilities, projects such as office moves and additional support to the HNW Partners in the firm.
The role will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee all finance and accounting operations across the firm
- Provide centralized oversight of investments
- Coordinate preparation of group forecasts and budgets, and other ad hoc papers for consideration
- Manage the bi-annual audit process and preparation of financial statements
- Act as the principal liaison with external stakeholders including auditors, NOMAD and PR advisers
- Perform an independent review of submissions from operating divisions, ensuring the integrity of financial information throughout the business
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Identify and implement system and process improvements involving financial systems across the group – areas for immediate attention include invoice approval; payment processing; payroll; and expenses
- Ad-hoc project work
You will be working as an accountant currently in a Financial Accounting/Control role but they will consider somebody from any industry. They are looking for somebody entrepreneurial that does not mind getting their hands dirty, enjoys developing infrastructure and streamlining processes. It would be advantageous if you have a keen interest in technology and are passionate about using it to help businesses operate more efficiently.
As you establish yourself in the firm there will be the opportunity to get more involved in the investments and operating companies in a commercial capacity.
- Strong academic profile
- Chartered accountant
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong team player
- Keen interest in technology
- Strong communicator who is able to face off to all stakeholders
- Commercial acumen