The firm are established, have strong track record and have been consistently growing the AuM. The fund has proved to be reliant during the recent challenging times even managing to add to their AuM during this period. They operate credit and fixed income strategies and have a new fund launch on the way.
You will be managing a small team that has overall responsibility for:
- Product control & fund accounting
- Oversight of all service providers
- The audit process and company accounts
- Wider operations and trade booking
- Treasury & repo trading
There will also be a variety of projects to lead that will focus predominantly around automation and the adoption of technology. This will be to drive efficiency, create scalability for increased AuM and help the fund use data to make better business decisions.
The successful individual will be ACA qualified and either have worked in a product control function within a leading investment bank or product control/fund accounting in a buy-side institution. The expectation is this individual will work towards a CFO title in the short to medium term. You will be expected to have management experience but also be prepared to be hands on when necessary.
- Strong academic profile (undergraduate degree as a minimum)
- Qualified accountant (preference for ACA)
- Significant post qualified experience in product control/fund accounting (IB or buy-side)
- Management experience
- Experience of process improvement/automation a plus