The quant trading firm has offices across the globe and are still expanding. They operate across multiple strategies and asset classes and have a reputation of only hiring the best.
Headquartered in the West End of London, they are looking for a strong product controller or fund accountant who is looking for a step up and a new challenge to manage their own function. You will have autonomy over all the global offices and the opportunity to grow into the role.
The systems and processes in place are strong but you will be expected to build on this and automate, streamline and drive efficiencies across the day to day trading practices.
The function of the role will include:
- Daily P/L production and reporting at trading book level
- Liaison with other teams (risk, quants) to ensure appropriate valuations
- Ensure consistency of p/l data produced for the administrator, internal systems, risk reporting etc.
- Reconciliation of shadow p/l to administrator p/l
- Setting and managing a clear technology strategy to support the evolution of the function
- Representation of the Fund Control and valuation activities to current and potential investors
- Ensure strong governance through the Valuation Committee and a clear control framework/culture
This would suit a product controller or fund accountant with 6 years+ experience. You could have developed your skills in a hedge fund, investment bank, asset manager or prop/quant trading firm as all will be considered.
- Strong academic profile (2.1 or above)
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong Product Control/Fund Accounting experience
- PnL and Valuations experience
- Strong Excel