Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Change Process Governance:
- Manage delivery of multiple projects from inception to implementation for various strategic, industry, regulatory, mandatory, BAU or streamlining initiatives within Operations; ensure timely and cost effective delivery
- Actively manage project portfolio conflicts – schedule embargos, resource competition and delivery risk
- Drive consistency in structure, approach, content and quality of change deliverables
- Promote and leverage best practices for project management, business analysis and governance activities
- Align to global standards, tools and processes where practical, e.g. clarity, BT
- Liaise directly with multiple IT groups to ensure business requirements are clearly articulated, understood and tracked as well as ensure that IT deliverables are traceable to agreed business requirements.
- Ensure active operations participation in local implementation as required
- Identify and capture all product specific change initiatives related to Operations
- Ensure benefits for initiatives are clearly understood and captured as part of approval and prioritization process
- Provide support for Operations resource capacity planning
Project Management and Implementation
- Responsible for the delivery of change initiatives (i.e. projects delivered on time, on budget, and achieve stated benefits)
- Responsible for establishing scope, resource needs, milestones and success metrics at project onset. Manage, review and control all project artifacts throughout project lifecycle
- Manage scope and scale of projects to ensure practical expectations and progressive delivery
- Work with technology, applying relevant influence to ensure key change initiatives are delivered successfully
- Ability to manage virtual team resources to achieve project goals
- Actively participate in prioritization and change governance forums to reinforce communication and alignment to key management and stakeholder priorities.
- Chair Project steering meetings and working groups to deliver a consistent global message on progress, dependencies and technical aspects to key stakeholders.
Strategy and tactics
- Ability to identify and recommend pragmatic options for near-term business solutions (inline w/ global strategy)
- Manage clear-choice process to build consensus and drive decisions for near-term options
- Help to bridge conceptual market directives with practical solutions
- Navigate through complex global organization structure & formalize partnerships with key participants within IT and business verticals.
Core Competencies and Behaviors
- Strong motivational skills, while objectively balancing the inevitable highs and lows of major change projects
- People & Organization: Collaborative and consensus building attitude
- Excellent communicator at all levels and across functions
- Accountable for tracking programme / project success criteria (even where deliverables may not be directly in control)
- Integrity: Will make decisions in the best interest of the program / project objectives
- Able to effectively collaborate across locations and cultures
- Proven capabilities in bringing in governance, structure and direction by defining delivery plan for required process and/or technology deliverables.
- Change Managers will actively build working relationships across the business areas from Operations support teams to Front Office and IT.
- Timely escalations of risks/issues to senior stakeholders to facilitate decision making and continued traction
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Change Managers will create a governance structure to actively manage stakeholder communication throughout the project life cycle, including project risks that can potentially have adverse impact both internal/external to the bank.
- Change Managers will adopt the bank’s project governance tools and project methodology for managing and reporting project deliverables through its life cycle utilizing the bank defined Business Transformation Framework guidelines for effective and accurate project management.
Management of Risk
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with the bank’s or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Each employee must promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the bank’s brand
Observation of Internal Controls
- Each employee must maintain the bank’s internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators. Any failures to comply with the above should be reflected in year end performance assessments.
- Each employee must understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved, specifically Internal Controls and any Compliance policy including, inter alia, the Group Compliance policy.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills
- Proven track record of project delivery
- Working knowledge of Operations functions – including but not limited to Equities, FX and Derivatives
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to build and bridge strategic options/recommendations to solve business challenges
- Process mapping, analysis and re-engineering
- Ability to navigate unstructured or ambiguous situations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project delivery
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree