Role: Be part of the core technology team within a leading hedge fund and in a dynamic environment, building next generation solutions while supporting a complex trading technology environment. The work is alongside Traders, Quant developers, Middle office and Various Technology staff.
- Create state of the art, next gen solutions as replacement for legacy components for data management, trading and operations. This will be done as part of the HK-UK development team, based on requirements from various stakeholders across the firm using cutting edge technologies.
- The role includes development support for some of the existing home grown financial product for front and middle office.
- Financial background (buy-side or sell-side); or
- An extra bright person coming from a technology vendor or startup.
- Experience with 3rd party applications integration (API, FTP, Message queue, etc.).
- Front Office or Middle office full stack experience is highly preferable.
- Knowledge of the following would be a plus:
- EMS, OMS, PMS solutions.
- MiFID II Regulatory reporting MiFID II.
- Risk Solution providers.
- Bloomberg, Reuters and various other Market Data vendors.
- Data analytics experience.
Languages (by order of importance):
- Java: Core Java, Spring Boot, Testing framework.
- Web: JS, HTML, CSS, FE framework (React, angular or similar).
- DB: SQL, DBA, MS SQL/ MySQL/ PostgreSQL/ MongoDB.
- Python: Pandas, Numpy, Django, data manipulation.
- Deep Excel knowledge: VBA, BBG API.
- Scala, Clojure, Groovy or other advanced language.
- Messaging/ Data Streaming solution (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.).
- Agile development practices (e.g. continuous delivery, source control).
- REST API* Rapid Development (RAD).
- Test drive environment.
- Smart developer who is able to work both independently and as part of a team (local and remote) with as desire to handle fast paced, intense environments with demanding sophisticated users.
- Capability to work on multiple tasks under stress.
- Ability to adopt easily to changes and drive the implementation of the next transformation.
- Capability to express complex concepts in easily digested outlines/diagram.
- Fluent with data handling (manipulation, storage, DB, etc.).