The ideal candidate will have over 7 years of relevant experience managing large-scale, complex change programs. The candidate will have experience working with treasury change and a thorough understanding of interest rate risk. The candidate will come from a consultancy background ideally, with extremely strong stakeholder management experience, across both business and technology.
Treasury Data & Business Architecture is part of the Treasury Control, Regulation and Change function which oversees strategy, first line control, regulatory engagement, investment governance and change management for the Treasury organization. The Treasury organization is fully supportive of flexible working.
The Treasury Data & Business Architecture team is responsible for driving Treasury’s contribution to the Infrastructure architecture roadmap driving a number of change programmes and key components of design on front to back data flows and process. This involves partnering with Treasury business, Strats, Technology, Finance & Risk as well as all the client facing business lines. The engagement is essential to ensure technology and business processes are designed in such a way as to reduce manual processes across the organization, increase transparency over the data used in Treasury and provide tooling that enables business and senior management to make decisions that have a clear impact on the bottom line.
The Risk in the Banking Book programme is the delivery vehicle for enhancements to Treasury risk management infrastructure, bringing this process stack in line with the banks long term technology strategy. This encompasses banking book risk management for all of the businesses and regions globally, and covers the full front to back implementation.
- Reporting to the head of Data & Business Architecture lead Risk in the Banking Book programme
- Partner with programme sponsors and leads across Treasury, Market Risk, technology and businesses to create and deliver a strong narrative for the programme to both regulators & the wider bank
- Deliver the project in accordance with the firm’s change governance protocol
- Develop project governance with key stakeholders, managing all project aspects including but not limited to developing project schedules, scope, budgets, impact analysis, identifying / mitigating risks and escalating issues to drive resolution
- Assist in development of the risk management architecture design ensuring all functions are engaged and buy-in to solutions
- Work with ALM, Pool Trading, Market Risk, businesses, technology & Strats to develop a granular implementation plan for all aspects of the risk management framework with clear ownership for each deliverable
- Agree budgets and priorities with technology and business sponsors as part of the annual investment governance round
- Hold to account delivery teams across the organisation including the IT element of delivery (where applicable)
- Oversee the production of all programme artefacts, e.g. RAID logs etc, ensuring clear concise messaging
- Lead the team of project managers responsible for the programme delivery
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Proven experience leading a complex project day to day across multiple locations / countries or multiple asset classes
- Experience leading and developing the careers of high performing individuals
- Background in Treasury or Risk within Financial Services or consulting
- Ideally past experience of banking book interest rate risk management processes
- High attention to detail, well organised and capable of handling multiple objectives and stakeholders, in a fast changing environment
- Strong skills with Microsoft PowerPoint, MS project and Visio
- Solid Undergraduate Degree required
- MBA a plus
- No match