This team plays a vital role in the firm’s investment process, building a deeply rooted culture of efficient risk management and factful performance attribution. Risk Managers perform research to identify opportunities for improved risk management, investment behavior, and portfolio construction, with the goal of helping the firm deliver superior risk-adjusted performance. The paramount mission of the team is to protect the fund from improper levels of exposure and ensure that risk-taking is always efficient and deliberate.
The role: Equities Risk Manager - Hong Kong
The Risk Management team is looking for an experienced hire for their Hong Kong office, who will focus on supporting the Long/Short and Quantitative Equities Portfolio Managers in the APAC region with portfolio construction and optimisation as well as daily risk analysis and management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that risk-taking at the individual portfolio level and at the firm level is efficient and deliberate. This will include:
- Working with portfolio managers to improve the quality of the portfolio construction to achieve optimal risk-adjusted returns and setting appropriate risk guidelines and limits.
- Actively manage the Firm’s risk exposures.
- Participate in the capital allocation process to maximize risk-adjusted returns and profitability at the various business levels and at the firm level.
- This task requires having a deep insight on the equity and macro factors that drive the risk of the portfolio, their utility in the alpha capture process and the constraints that equity portfolio managers will face to adjust their portfolio (liquidity, concentration, etc.)
- Lead research efforts to develop innovative risk management approaches, tools, and analytics by leveraging the collective knowledge of the platform. The goal is to enhance the quality of performance and improve the firm’s risk-adjusted return.
- Enhance the understanding of the firm’s performance by developing intuitive and efficient frameworks for performance attribution and educating all internal constituencies on those frameworks.