It has been a tough time for some hedge funds recently, but this fund has had an exceptional 12 months and is seeing its AuM expand rapidly. This has lead to a desire to improve and develop the infrastructure of the business.
This individual will be the finance lead for the business whilst also stepping in to cover for the COO when they are OOO. Given the business is still in its infancy, you will be required to be hands on but you will have the opportunity to add headcount as the role develops.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interface with our accounting service provider to produce financial reporting including monthly, quarterly and annual management accounts
- Monitoring the administrators and leading the NAV and audit processes (including daily shadow NAVs)
- Preparation of all financial regulatory reports and filings within Gabriel.
- Preparation of ICAAP (in conjunction with the COO)
- Fund annual audits
- Compliance, legal, tax and marketing projects as required
- Continuous process improvement for the whole operations function
The ideal candidate will have worked in a hedge fund in a finance role (fund or financial controller) and have some grasp and experience of operations. You will have the opportunity to learn the operations responsibilities on the job but it will help if there is some prior experience.
Its an exciting time to join a high calibre team during a period of growth. You will gain valuable experience as you naturally grow in to the CFO role over the next 12-24 months.