This organization's engineers own a varied technology stack, end-to-end, and are in constant search of incremental improvements, new technologies, and ways of working to evolve our platform and give us a competitive edge.
They seek people who want to find unique solutions for optimizing efficiency and performance in a context where they are key enablers. The ideal candidate will need to have deep knowledge of Kubernetes as our platform is a growing presence and is critical to many parts of the business.
- Collaboratively architecting a rock-solid and secure Kubernetes platform that can handle the huge volumes of data and load of our diverse technology estate
- Accelerate the migration strategy to more cloud-native, distributed applications
- Enhance and simplify the on-prem stack and its integrations with our hybrid Kubernetes setup Create, implement, and evangelize the "Infrastructure as Code" mind-set and best practices across the environment
- Eliminate the toil that emerges with large, distributed systems. Identify it, own it, automate it (where possible)
- Working as both an individual contributor and collaboratively to find new ways of improving the reliability, availability, and performance of the infrastructure
- Key Skills and Technologies
- Expert level scripting / coding skills in one or more languages (Python / Golang / Shell) Expert in cloud native and containerisation technologies (Kubernetes / Docker) Excellent Linux systems knowledge (experience with RHEL desirable)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as (Ansible / Puppet / Kapitan / Terraform) Broad knowledge across network technologies, server virtualisation, storage
- Experience with observability systems (Prometheus / ELK / Jaeger) Experience with distributed data platforms (Kafka / Flink / Airflow)
- Self-starter, able to quickly pick up concepts, implement new ideas and think outside the box
- Focused on improving system availability, security and resilience through testing, standardisation and automation
- Ability to simply articulate the "why" behind best practices and to build positive and collaborative relationships with colleagues across teams and geographies